Utah Trip Part 1

Working for an airline and you tell everyone that you are going on vacation, the first question is, "Where you flying to?"  When you tell them that you are not fly but driving, the next question is why.  We this requires me to respond in two different way.  One, I was going to Moab, Utah.  The closest airport that a major airline flies into is Grand Junction. The flight is about 2 hours long, I would have to get to the airport an hour an half early, then rent a car and drive to Moab for 4 hours. And then there is no guarantee that I would get on the flight to Grand Junction.  To drive there, it is about 9 to 10 hours.

San Francisco Peaks, about 20 miles from Flagstaff, AZ
The second is I would miss a lot of great sites on the the way.  The drive from the valley is always a great drive.  Always look for the San Francisco Peaks to see if there is any snow on top.  Was not disappointed this time, because of the storm we had that Monday before.  Flagstaff is the gateway to some great place.  One is the Grand Canyon which I hope to make it back up there one day.

  But I am always at awe of the beauty of the desert.  Every part has it unique shapes and colors.  There were parts of it that have been wanting to take pictures of and still have not including this trip.  I did find new stuff to take pictures of and some stuff never get old to shoot.

For the first time, I decided to stop at the state border and take a picture of the State Border sign of Utah and of San Juan County.  It really puts to shame the sign marking the entrance to Arizona.  But I was impressed with this view because of what I could get a lot of Monument Valley in it.  
Arizona/ Utah Border
Going to Moab, I always find someplace new to go to.  This trip was the the southern most entrance to Cayonland National Park.  Before the Entrance to the park is Newspaper Rock.  There are tons of Petrographs in the area.  But this is one of the largest in the area.  The do not know what they say and do not know when they were first drawn.


There were many interesting figures to this part in the part of the Park.  Also found one of the most interesting features was the Wooden Shoe Arch.  Though it does not look like the standard arch you would find in Arches National Park. 






On the way home we took a little detour and found this antelope in the field.  I have never seen an antelope out side of Arizona.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No one really knows the really me!

Feeling left behind

My Political Life.